A Lot of Windows Users are having trouble downloading and installing the latest Windows Update. The problem is mostly with windows 10 users. Every time Users try to Install new available update, they are presented with Error code 0x8007000D
Table of Contents
Why am I getting Error code 0x8007000D?
Windows Operating system requires some Files to download and install the latest available updates seamlessly. Windows update error 0x8007000D means 1 or more file in your system is either corrupt or missing which is preventing your system from installing new updates.
Every time you try to Install available Updates you will see an error which says “Some Update files are missing or have problems. We’ll try to download the update again later. Error code: (0x8007000D)”. So, this error reveals enough information that one may need.
While this kind of update error 0x8007000D are annoying, we try to find some tweaks that you can perform on your own. These tweaks are not guaranteed but worth a try to solve this problem without spending a penny.
How to Fix Error code 0x8007000D
We at errorlive.com have searched and found out few methods that can help you to fix this annoying error code. We have listed them below. You may try them one by one and see which method fixes your issue of 0x8007000D in windows 10.
1) Windows Update Troubleshooter
Since the error code 0x8007000D is related to Windows Update, We will use Windows Update Troubleshooter first to see if that fixes the issue.
Windows have their inbuilt Troubleshooter that users can use to fix minor issues related to Windows update. if you are lucky, you will be able to fix this error simply by running this troubleshooter and letting windows do the rest.
Below are the steps on how to use Windows Update Troubleshooter to fix error 0x8007000D.
- Step 1: Open Settings by pressing Windows key + i on your keyboard.
- Step 2: Click on Update & Security.
- Step 3: Now, From the left pane, Click on Troubleshoot and Click on Run the Troubleshooter.
Let the Troubleshooter do its thing and wait until it’s finished. once it is done, go to Windows update and try to install now.
See if the inbuilt troubleshooter has fixed your problem of code 0x8007000D while updating windows.
2) Using Windows Media Creation tool
Windows Very own Media creation tool can come in handy at times like this. The main purpose of this tool is to Upgrade your PC. Like if you are using windows 8, You can use this tool to update windows 10. But, here today we will use this tool to update.
You can download the Windows Media tool from Here. Then, Run the setup and Accept the license Policy Terms. Select upgrade this PC and Click next. Let the tool do its thing and choose to download latest updates.
3) Executing Command in CMD
In this method, you will be required to use Command Prompt and execute a command. This Command we found on the microsoft website itself and have helped users to fix the error 0x8007000D Earlier.
- Open Command prompt by searching “cmd” in search bar. Right Click on the Result and click Run as administrator. Alternatively, you can right-click windows start button and click on Windows Powershell (admin).
- Type or copy paste this > dism /online /remove-capability /capabilityname:Analog.Holographic.Desktop~~~~0.0.1.0
- Press Enter and wait. The operation Completed Successfully should show up on your screen.
- Now, Try and download available updates on your windows and see if this solves your problem of Error code 0x8007000D.
Let us know if any of the above-mentioned methods works for you.