Microsoft rolls out updates for Windows 10 at regular intervals. Updates are good for your system but many a time Users are unable to install new updates because of some errors. One Such error is 0x800f0845 while updating windows.
Error code 0x800f0845 prevents Windows users from Installing new Available updates. So, Today we will see how to fix 0x800f0845 on your system.
Table of Contents
How to fix Update error 0x800f0845
Since this is an update error in windows 10, We will try to perform a couple of things and see if it solves our problem of 0x800f0845.
We will start with the Basic Steps and move ahead with some advanced steps to fix error code 0x800f0845. Try the below-mentioned methods 1 by 1 and see if that fixes the issue.
Method 1: Using Windows Update Troubleshooter
Using Inbuilt Windows update Troubleshooter is my go-to method. Windows provide this tool so that it can troubleshoot any minor problem that the user’s system might have. In our case, we will run this tool to see if it can fix the Update error code 0x800f0845 in windows 10.
- Open settings by right click on Windows start button > Settings.
- Click on Update and Security > Troubleshoot > Run the Troubleshooter.
- Wait and let the troubleshooter finish.
- Try to Update your PC and see if you are still getting 0x800f0845 error.
Method 2: Scan System Files to fix 0x800f0845
In this method, you will scan your system files for any issues. There is an easy way to do that using the Command prompt.
A Simple command will scan your system for damaged files that are preventing you from downloading windows updates. Follow the below steps.
- Type “Cmd” in Search bar > Right-click on Command prompt and click on Run as administrator.
- Alternatively, you can Right click on Start button and click on Windows Powershell (Admin)
- Type sfc /scannow in command prompt and press enter.
- Now, Type “dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth” to fix errors that are found.
Try updating windows now. If there was a system file at fault; this method should fix the 0x800f0845 error for you.
Method 3: Use Update Assistant
Microsoft have their Update assistant to help you download Updates that are available.
Simply Click here and then click on Update now.
Open The .exe file and click on Update Now again.
Follow the instructions on your screen and let the tool do its work.
That is all. These were some of the ways you can get rid of error 0x800f0845 while updating windows 10. Let us know which method worked for you. If you would like to add something to the information, please feel free to do so.